[ProAudio] Question for Rich Breen re Aluminum discs

CBAUDIO proaudio at baileyzone.net
Thu Nov 4 14:39:09 PDT 2021

Hi Richard,

The time frame you mention works because it's early in the war effort.
Later on however, the use of aluminum discs was abandoned due to the
need for aluminum and the industry went to a glass or steel center.

To answer another question; Electrical Transcription Discs were
widegroove & were recorded at 33-1/3 RPM. They were typically 16" in
diameter. The reason for 33-1/3 RPM & the large diameter was to provide
as much time as possible. Vitaphone discs were the same format, although
some 10" discs were made.

Cheers!
Corey