[ProAudio] Question for Rich Breen re Aluminum discs

Nicolin Salis nsalis at bluewin.ch
Thu Nov 4 10:31:35 PDT 2021

"Hi all - Anyone on-list know of someone who can playback/transfer an aluminum disc recording made in the UK from roughly 1929? Currently located in SoCal.  Any leads appreciated."

I have to admit that aluminum records were new to me. Apparently a specialty from the UK. I found this link:

https://www.audiorestored.com/transfers/record-transfer/aluminium-wartime-discs

 It is also interesting that they play the 78 rpm recordings at 33-1/3 rpm and electronically compensate for the incorrect speed.

Nick Salis