[ProAudio] stereo perception through headphones

David Josephson dlj at josephson.com
Thu Jan 30 11:38:56 EST 2020

As Scott mentioned, most stereo recordings intended for speaker playback
translate poorly to headphone playback. There are some fixes for that,
most of which involve feeding some of one channel's signal to the other
channel with phase shift or delay. You end up with a different mix for
the headphone listener. See the research of Edgar Choueri at Princeton
for some recent work in this area.