[ProAudio] stereo perception through headphones

Edward Gosfield III egosfield at charter.net
Thu Jan 30 16:52:21 EST 2020

David -

That's what i meant by HRTF - "Headphone Related Transfer Function".  I
have tried several, some of which are available as plugins for
foobar2000.  They have some presets and some variable parameters,
although of course any adjustments I made have been arbitrary and
ignorant of the actual technical significance.  They haven't fixed the
problem.

I will look into Choueri - thanks

Len M mentioned individualized HRTFs and 'corrected' headphone EQ  (also
presumably individualized for the listener) as helpful solutions, but i
wonder how that could be accomplished objectively...not just 'sounds
better'.  I tried a couple of methods, including teh procedure Linkwitz
described, and some of the canned correction curves for Sennheisers
available with commercial 'correction' software and it didn't impress me
as a noticeable improvement.

ted