[ProAudio] The High-Resolution Challenge

Dan Lavry dan at lavryengineering.com
Sat Feb 15 16:15:21 EST 2020

Let me add something to the last email. The reason to up sample is to enable easier filtering. Almost all DA converters already up sample a lot. If you feed a DA 48Khz , and it needs to operate it say 256fs, feeding the same device 96Khz may require only 128 upsampling. You get to skip the first X2 stage. So if you hear a difference, it will be about implementation of that first stage. It is not about higher frequencies, it is about anti imaging filter.It does not reduce audible distortions...RegardsDan LavrySent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone