[ProAudio] FeralA - Recordings released encoded with Dolby A

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering proaudio at baileyzone.net
Sun Feb 9 11:09:24 EST 2020

Hi Richard,

Of the mastering houses that I worked with during the 1970's (& I worked
with several), I never saw or heard of a reference document regarding
noise reduction. Both Scott Dorsey & Bob Olhsson referred to using Dolby
A as an effect. Back in the day, I generally avoided noise reduction
when recording to multitrack tape. I could hear the difference or, at
least, I thought I could. That said, I used to routinely encode travel
cassettes & then play them un-decoded in the car because the extra HF
would help cut through the road noise.

Regards,

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering