[ProAudio] Another educational resource.....

Dan Lavry dan at lavryengineering.com
Mon Feb 27 13:25:25 PST 2023

Hi David,Are you planing to end your audio groups?RegardsDan LavrySent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: David Josephson via ProAudio <proaudio at bach.pgm.com> Date: 2/27/23  11:20 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Bob Katz via ProAudio <proaudio at bach.pgm.com> Subject: Re: [ProAudio] Another educational resource..... Hi BobGreat that you have time to do that! There is some utility in threaded forum-like discussions, particularly for beginners in the field who can (but sadly, don't usually) look at prior threads. ProAudio will stay like it is.I'll be happy to chime in to a microphone forum, but there are lots of things where I wouldn't be the right person to moderate -- for instance the DIY microphone building scheme.DavidOn 2/27/2023 6:14 AM, Bob Katz via ProAudio wrote:> I'd like to take this moment to thank once again David Josephson and his > moderators who have been maintaining this valuable maillist founded by > Gabe Weiner for many years.> > As you know, Social media (namely Facebook) has become a big, > disorganized, messy, cantankerous time sink where people can hardly make > any points....   FB is not suitable for prolonged, pointed > conversations. It's only suitable for short snippets of information as > it is not a threaded resource. Moderation is futile, if you have not > already seen.> > Likewise, Email is not a threaded resource, but fortunately, our narrow > group of audio people usually can stay on one subject for a reasonable > length of time. However, we also drift, plus, PGM is a small resource.> > I and a small group have founded a new resource aiming at a wider > professional audio audience. We are co-founders of the *Digido Fora*, a > forum designed to be a resource alternative to Facebook. We moderate and > maintain a sane, curated forum. Unlike Facebook, we can get deep! We > currently have 6 expert moderators, and we're growing.> > Digido Fora can be found at digido.com/forum> > If you are intrigued, we'd love to have some of you join as additional > resources. Our mission statement can be found on the landing page linked > above. Yes, David, we have a microphone forum. Would you like to join as > a moderator?> > There are so many wonderful resources participating in this list! How is > Dick Pierce, by the way, I hope you are well and kicking!> > > Enjoy! Onward and upward,> > > Bob> > > > > > > -- > > If you want good sound on your album, come to Bob Katz 407-831-0233 > DIGITAL DOMAIN MASTERING STUDIO Author: *Mastering Audio* Digital Domain > Website <https://www.digido.com/> No trees were killed in the sending of > this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly > inconvenienced.> > > _______________________________________________> ProAudio mailing list> ProAudio at bach.pgm.com> https://click.pstmrk.it/2t/bach.pgm.com%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fproaudio/fUN9yjgN/YAma/griUnj0I3a_______________________________________________ProAudio mailing listProAudio at bach.pgm.comhttp://bach.pgm.com/mailman/listinfo/proaudio