[ProAudio] Western Electric 111C transformers

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 1 13:55:57 PST 2022

On 2/1/2022 1:05 PM, Bob Olhsson via ProAudio wrote:
> The phone company held patents on electrical recording, motion picture sound and broadcasting until the late 1940s.

AT&T Bell Labs might have been the premier engineering entity on the
planet for most of the 20th century. Their periodical, Bell System
Technical Journal, documented many (most?) of the major electrical
engineering inventions and research during the first half of that
century, especially in audio and communications. RCA also had a serious
engineering department. David is one of two people I know who own large
collections of the BSTJ.

Jim Brown