[ProAudio] Semiconductor shortage

Dan Lavry dan at lavryengineering.com
Mon Jul 5 12:45:59 PDT 2021

I recall the big one, with thousands of tubes. It was difficult to run a successful computation, because some tube would quit in the middle. Power down the drawer, replace tube, power up, wait, try again...In the 60's there was a transition from core memories (cubes of woven magnetic cores) to semiconductor memories.In the 80's there was some interest in buble memories, but that faded away.And now we have memory ic shortage...So here we are. Our modern life style demands a lot more memory then can be supported by the present day supply chain. Dan LavrySent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Mike Rivers via ProAudio <proaudio at bach.pgm.com> Date: 7/5/21  12:21 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: proaudio at bach.pgm.com Subject: Re: [ProAudio] Semiconductor shortage
    On 7/5/2021 3:00 PM,  Dan Lavry