[ProAudio] The High-Resolution Challenge

Dan Lavry dan at lavryengineering.com
Sat Feb 15 21:10:25 EST 2020

There is a difference between  rate of the modulator and sample rate. So we dont record at higher sample rate. The modultor runs at much faster rate, producing intermediate results and one needs a decimator to have to audio signal.However I agree that in most cases a converter designed for say 192khz will offer 2 more decimation stages to 96 and 48khz. One can do it externernaly.Your point is well taken. Why make the files so large? Downloading a 192khz file takes 4 times of 48khz. I am all for keeping enough band width, but not more than needed.RegardsDan LavrySent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone