[ProAudio] The High-Resolution Challenge

Bob Olhsson olh at hyperback.com
Fri Feb 14 14:33:26 EST 2020

>From Dan Lavry: “The focus on sampling rate is somewhat backwards. “

I think this is by far the most significant  phrase I’ve heard in this conversation!

Our goal is simply retaining the best possible resolution below 20 kHz. after the signal passes through what can be a massive sequence of calculations in the real world. Sample rate is simply a tool. It has nothing to do with bandwidth provided it doesn’t interfere with the signal below 20kHz.

Bob Olhsson 615-562-4346