[ProAudio] [ProAud] The High-Resolution Challenge

Richard L. Hess lists at richardhess.com
Tue Feb 11 12:56:17 EST 2020

 From a friend who I've been discussing this with as well who is not on
the list:

> I think the law of unintended consequences applies here. Occasionally,
> when the record companies re-issue the title for HD, they find an
> earlier generation "master", or they do a better job at re-mastering.

So that is one good reason to support HD re-mastering. But it would not
be necessary if the record companies had done what they should have for
the first round of CD issues. And this statement does not diminish any
of the comments below, hence why it's an "unintended consequence."

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard at richardhess.com
Aurora, Ontario, Canada           http://www.richardhess.com/