[ProAudio] Understanding the grounding electrode system (NEC article 250)

Adolph Thal fred at ataudioeng.com
Tue Nov 5 16:29:38 EST 2019

> if you're doing that you might as well include an electrostatic shield too.

Yes, like the old Topaz Ultra-Isolators?

I have a "little" one, just 10 kVA.

(Little, but I certainly can't lift it!)

But my personal philosophy (and for certain I'm not an EE!) is that
this should not be needed for any audio gear.

Power supply inlet noise rejection problems, if any, ought to be
addressed by the equipment designer.

Linear or switch mode, I'm told that addressing this properly, ought
to be trivial for a competent designer.

Adolph (Fred) Thal
Director of Engineering, ATAE
www.ataudioeng.com