[ProAudio] Proper Grounding Replies

Bill Whitlock engineer_bill at verizon.net
Tue Nov 5 14:37:22 EST 2019

LOL, but I'm glad you survived it!  Most of the worst nightmarish grounding stories I've ever heard involved recording trucks (usually concerning how AC power for the truck was connected to house/stage power!
I have a horror story of my own that involved 4 kV DC with a trail of black arc-holes in my RH fingernails and a string of blisters on my LH palm. I was floored and breathless but really, really pissed at the guy who disabled a safety interlock!!  I should have followed the one-hand-in-back-pocket rule, but I was young ...
Bill Whitlock