[ProAudio] Ampex/ProAudio List Dinner

David Josephson dlj at josephson.com
Sat Nov 2 23:52:51 EDT 2019

Bill, glad to see you back. By old custom it would be time for a west coast AES show, but it isn’t happening, for a few reasons. Mostly, manufacturers aren’t interested in signing up for an AES so close to NAMM, while NAMM has been making inroads in pro audio. Another reason is that the available venues are more expensive than New York. The biggest reason is that manufacturers and commercial interests haven’t really engaged with AES as was common in the 1950s through 1990s.

David Josephson