[ProAudio] AES Event

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Wed Oct 4 05:40:14 PDT 2023

The annual Gabe Weiner Memorial Chinese Dinner will be held in conjunction
with the New York AES show, on Wednesday, Oct 25.  We will meet at the Shure
booth on the show floor at 6pm on the dot.  After interminable discussions
about where everyone is and trying to find the stragglers, combined with
arguments about which stereo miking method is the best, we will proceed
immediately to Dim Sum Palace, at 334 west 46th st. between 8th and 9th.
This is only a a 20 min walk so you may choose whatever transportation
you prefer and it is much closer than our previous Chinatown locations.

Yes, it's true that the Met is doing La Boheme that evening, but this is
a unique and amazing event presented in conjunction with the Pro Audio
Mailing List, the Ampex User's Group, and whatever is left of the poor
stragglers from rec.audio.pro.  No vendor is expected to pay this year,
nor is Gabe's family supporting it so you will be expected to pitch into
the (expected to be reasonable) dim sum bill.