[ProAudio] Dolby Atmos Music, was Re: 4-channel program distribution format(s)

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jan 25 15:52:32 PST 2023

On Wed, January 25, 2023 4:59 pm, Scott Dorsey via ProAudio wrote:
> I'm going to skip over AC-3 encoded DVD, but isn't there a DVD-A format
> for 5.1?  I know DVD-A never really took off, but it's out there.

Also SACD, but I don't think that is very practical to author as small run
items.  I don't know personally, but seems like you have to shell out for
the Sony authoring package to make that work.

Maybe talk to Mark Waldrep at AIX, https://www.aixrecords.com/
He has been releasing multi-channel recordings for quite a few years.  A
lot are actually concert video style, so maybe don't count as audio only,
but it wouldn't hurt talking to someone experienced in delivering
multichannel recordings from a small market label.
He also has a download site at https://www.itrax.com/ where at least some
of the recordings are available with a selection of WAV or FLAC files in
stereo, 5.1 audience mix, or 5.1 stage mix, so he would also have
experience preparing multi-channel files for download.

https://www.itrax.com/about/
https://www.itrax.com/contact/

--
Chris Caudle