[ProAudio] Dolby A with no tones (was 4-channel program distribution format(s))

Bob Katz bobkatz at digido.com
Wed Jan 25 13:56:15 PST 2023

Then we get into calibration vexation. The number of Cat 22s where the Dolby tone was at the incorrect level was VERY HIGH. So we resorted to putting notes on the tape box to use the 1k, not the Dolby tone. But it was a lose lose proposition. Unless the one making the transfer knew exactly how well their Dolby was calibrated.

Bob

My iPhone made me write this. Quotes only below this line. Nothing more to see here.