[ProAudio] AMPEX Speaker/Amplifiers for sale

Graham Newton gn at audio-restoration.com
Sat Jul 30 17:14:03 PDT 2022

Hello All....

I have a pair of Ampex 622 Speaker Amplifiers for sale.

Condition:

Both look clean and good in the dark brown cases, with power cords

One has had a replacement speaker installed and three slot head screws are
visible on the grill.  It came to me this way, and I have not attempted to take
it apart to see exactly what was done.

Both work and sound similar in a stereo sound application so whoever did the
replacement speaker appeared to know what they were doing, notwithstanding the
screws through the grille!  If I had been doing it, I would have made all
attempts to back mount the speaker as the originals were.

There is some power supply hum which probably means the 2 or 3 electrolytic
capacitors in the power supply need changing.  Schematic provided.

Asking $250 each or best offer

Would prefer pick-up in Toronto Canada, but shipping can be arranged if you
agree to pay the cost of packing and shipping by UPS ground service

... Graham Newton

--
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.