[ProAudio] Western Electric 111C transformers

Bob Katz bobkatz at digido.com
Mon Jan 31 07:51:35 PST 2022

Dear Scott:

Absolutely, lowering coloration is the normal goal. But in esthetic
mastering, where I am creating a master for public consumption, often
from mixes made entirely digitally, sometimes transformer color is just
what the doctor ordered.

I have devices which add edge, or vice versa, which soften, or add lots
of 2nd harmonic, or 2nd plus 3rd...  or have controllable distortion. It
will be interesting to audition a transformer with a resonant HF ring,
as a possible coloration tool!

Bob

--

If you want good sound on your album, come to Bob Katz 407-831-0233
DIGITAL DOMAIN MASTERING STUDIO Author: *Mastering Audio* Digital Domain