[ProAudio] Pillow vs live - Re: Calibrated playback level

Louis Judson loujudson at mac.com
Tue Sep 28 14:09:40 PDT 2021

Nice little story, Richard.

Years ago I worked with the vocal group Kitka and the were asked to do a television performance to promote a local concert. They had the insight to ask me to bring in my mics and sound system to put reverb into the studio - no voice amplification, just reverb like their concerts. I used a catherdral settingg, and it was stunningly fine - and I gave a feed to the control room just in case they’d know what to do with it. I never heard the broadcast, but the smiles of the singers told me all I needed to know.
<L>
Lou Judson * Intuitive Audio
415-271-8070 mobile

I'm just a simple sound engineer, nothing more, nothing less.
-- paraphrase of the Dalai Lama.