[ProAudio] Microphones question

David Josephson dlj at josephson.com
Mon Jun 14 12:11:05 PDT 2021

The microphone measurement standard recommends the use of A-weighted rms
noise specifications in addition to ITU-R BS.468-4, which specifies not
only a frequency weighting curve but a quasi-peak detector which
penalizes for low frequency pops and clicks, which can be a factor for
some poorly executed microphone designs.

Yes, even some of the experts in the standards world talk about "low
noise" resistors. We have to pick our battles.