[ProAudio] Microphones question

Dan Lavry dan at lavryengineering.com
Sun Jun 13 19:36:32 PDT 2021

I am surprise that you say 2N4403 has 1nV/sqrtHz. Are you  sure? The
data sheet says nothing like that. I looked up the 2N4124, it has some
plots of noise figure vs freq for 200Ohm, and also noise figure vs
resistance. The noise figure is in dB, and the 2N4124 is better, but the
noise figure with a given source resistance combines the impact of noise
current and noise voltage. Not easy to separate it.

I don't view the LM394 as today's transistor. Match pair is better then
singles, but I cant find it at major distributors. It seems like history
to me. I guess there is no point to claim that it can be done much
better. I would have to actually do it. I know it can be improved a lot,
but I will stick to my area - conversion.

I think that experience is very valuable.  I have some. But there is new
stuff all the time...

Regards

Dan Lavry