[ProAudio] Microphones question

Dan Lavry dan at lavryengineering.com
Fri Jun 11 19:49:07 PDT 2021

Hi Bill,

I am not trying to change the standard. Certainly not before I have the
understanding of what is going on. Of course in an ideal world, each mic
would come with an impedance information. In a somewhat less ideal
world, each mic would come with, at least, the best resistor value. But
here we are stuck to the "typical" old dynamic mic.

I know that most people don't understand technical details, and it will
confuse customers. But I am not talking to customers here, or level
playing field. I asked the opinion of mic experts. I want to know what
real impedance levels are. That is really all I want to know. So far, I
learned about the 150 Ohm relation to the old dynamic. There must be
more information, I thought I would start here.

Thanks for all the comments

Dan Lavry