[ProAudio] No Titles

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jul 28 20:08:08 PDT 2021

On 7/21/2021 1:38 PM, Steve Maki via ProAudio wrote:
> Jim,
>
> In case you can't get IMGBurn to do CD Text, I can confirm that DDP
> Creator does CD Text beautifully; I always include CD Text on my CD's.
>
> One enters the text for each track from within the program, rather than
> from a cue file.

Must CDText be entered from within both ImgBurn and DDP Creator?  I've
not used the text editor in ImgBurn, thinking that it should pick up the
info from the .cue file. But it doesn't. I just downloaded the cheap
Roxio program, with the same result. To the .cue generated by Reaper,
I've added lines for Title and Performer in Notepad, but nothing got
burned.

I'm editing in Reaper and Rendering to CUE/BIN. I see something in
manual for Rendering about "embedding metadata." I've not been ticking
that box -- should I? I thought that what I'm trying to burn for titles
was done from the .cue file as part of the burning process. Is the text
from the cue file considered metadata? And I really don't understand
what I see in the manual about it. I'm looking at 21.2.2 in the pdf manual.

Excuse the ignorant questions -- it's been close to 20 years since I
last edited and burned CDs of my live recordings. and I suspect that
might have been before metadata was standardized. I was using a
workstation in a tower that ran NT, editing with SAW software. I
remember generating my own cue sheets, but without titles.

Thanks and 73, Jim