[ProAudio] VU meter permitted overdrive with a sine wave...

Bob Katz bobkatz at digido.com
Thu Jan 28 11:23:58 PST 2021

It was Geoff Tanner, retired from Neve, who mentioned that Sifam had
been sold to xxxx. and then that they ceased production.

But obviously they have not!

Best wishes,

Bob

On 1/28/21 2:13 PM, Chris Caudle via ProAudio wrote:

> On 2021-01-28 12:55, Bob Katz via ProAudio wrote:
>
>> I thought that Sifam ceased manufacture of meters?
>>
> Looks like they are still advertising new meters:
> http://www.sifam.com/meters.asp
> Even have some meters with old style cases, but with LED lights
> instead of little bulbs.

*Pity on those LEDs, you lose that warm sound ;-)*

Bob

--

If you want good sound on your album, come to Bob Katz 407-831-0233
DIGITAL DOMAIN MASTERING STUDIO Author: *Mastering Audio* Digital Domain