[ProAudio] Lossless audio on YouTube

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering proaudio at baileyzone.net
Fri Apr 23 14:32:44 PDT 2021

In 1987, I attended the unveiling of Dolby Digital for 35mm film. The
demonstration was very impressive although one could tell when the sound
was switched, back & forth, between DD and the analog sound track which
was Dolby SR encoded. Afterwards, I pointed out (at the time) to David
Gray & Tom Scott, that there were less than a dozen theaters equipped to
play an SR encoded track....world wide. This meant that the vast
majority of theaters that installed DD, would be playing an SR encoded
soundtrack through a system designed to play Dolby A.........UGH!

David pointed out that Dolby had done several focus groups &, much to
his surprise, the listeners couldn't tell the difference or, didn't care.

My $0.02

CB

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net