[ProAudio] Mastering and monitoring for spatial audio

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 18:07:22 PDT 2021

That makes sense!

If you wanted true "sounds the same to everyone" 3D sound, then head
size is the least of your problems. You'd need accurate HRTF for the
person listening. See what Mark Cerny, the tech lead behind
PlayStation 5, had to say about this. Starts at 38:25 (in case the
link doesn't take you there):

https://youtu.be/ph8LyNIT9sg?t=2303

Measuring a person's HRTF can be challenging to say the least, but it
can be done. I bet David has mics small enough... the question is who
will agree to put their head in the pincer machine.