[ProAudio] stereo perception through headphones

moskowitz lenmoskowitz at optonline.net
Sun Feb 2 13:00:50 EST 2020

The Waves plugin is only first-order ambisonic. Its spatial cues are very weak.

Second-order and higher work better. The EDTracker Pro headtracker used with the SSA aXRotate plugin works much better. The SSA plugin operates at up to 7th order.

The first time I heard a recording and mistook it for reality was a second-order recording made with our OctoMic, decoded to binaural with the IEM Binaural Decoder plugin, using the EDTracker Pro headtracker feeding the SSA a3Rotate plugin, into a set of Focal Clear Pro headphones that was EQ-ed by Sonarworks.

Len Moskowitz (moskowit at core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of OctoMic and TetraMic